Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Changing a site from old Dreamweaver to New
I want to update my web site from an html site to css, but don't want to hurt my well established standing in the search engines -- especially Google. I plan to keep all of the page names, meta tags & descriptions the same through the change. I have heard that Google likes css. In the past whenever I redesigned the site and uploaded the new pages it seemed to take Google time to recognize it and I lost visits -- and business. Suggestions?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Your best bet in updating your web site is, in my opinion, creating a new site with the same page names, etc. (as you mention) as the previous site. Also make sure that if you are using Google Analytics (which see at the Google website), that the Google Analytics tags also re-appear on the appropriate pages.
ReplyDeleteYou might also find some tips from Google that will either support this view or offer a better solution. Let us know!
It is not surprising to me that Google likes CSS. It is much easier for web crawlers to navigate pages that are mostly content and rely on style sheets for the presentation and layout, minimizing the interference of style information amongst the content.
http://www.google.com/intl/en_us/services/var_1.html