Wednesday, January 14, 2009

When Should I Start From Scratch?

If you have a website that you would like to improve, think hard before you jump in and adjust it in situ. You may have a better time of it if you re-create it using the new techniques you are learning in Dreamweaver CS4. Remember, straightening bent nails (not to mention sanding off the rust) is time-consuming and not at all rewarding. 

I encourage you to do as much 'test-driving' as you can, on many small 'working/testing' files. As you go, you may build yourself a library of snippets or techniques that will be a good resource for your further work.

1 comment:

  1. This is the very first blog that I have ever used, so be accepting of my slow approach. I am trying to find out just HOW this blogging works.

    One request that I make is that you visit my website http://cybresllc.com (for Cyber Research, LLC) and provide me with feedback on HOW to improve my website. It has no WOW factor at all. I am making my class project the task of completely re-writing my website with Dreamweaver.

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.